RSS-CB (RSS for central banks) is an extension of RSS feeds, a standard website mechanism that news sites use to inform their readers about latest news items. "Plain vanilla" RSS is oriented for human users and simple syndication. RSS-CB does this and in addition is oriented for machine and application users that need structured information to, for example, filter selected research content for intranets or to pull in monetary policy announcements from key markets.
This is the main page for the RSS-CB documentation project. From here you can access any of the following documents:
- Application guides - events, news, research papers, speeches and statistics
- RSS-CB FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Central Bank Online Communications Group and RSS-CB forum - ask questions about RSS-CB
- Technical tools - schemas, stylesheets, feed generator etc
- List of RSS-CB feeds - feeds that are already "live"
- RSS-CB-based applications and websites - a list of software and websites from external providers
- Migration 1.0 to 1.1 - note on migrating from the 1.0 to 1.1 specification
Future versions in development
- Working notes 1.2 - temporary store of ideas and notes for the next version of RSS-CB
- Wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS-CB